If you’re going to be financing the purchase of your new home, the first step in the buying process is getting pre-approved for a mortgage. A qualified mortgage lender can help you explore loan options and determine the best path to home ownership.
Here are the important questions to ask your loan officer:
- How much am I pre-approved for?
- What type of loan is best for me (conventional, FHA, VA, etc.)?
- How much will I need for my down payment?
- How much should I expect to pay in closing costs?
- Do I require a sellers concession?
Getting pre-approved and knowing the answers to these questions will allow you to shop with confidence, save time, and be a competitive buyer. Keep in mind that many listing agents and sellers require proof of your pre-approval prior to confirming showing appointments, so it’s important to have this document ready before you begin looking at homes.
If you need recommendations for experienced and reputable loan officers in the area, let me know! I’d be happy to send you my list of preferred lenders.